Clay for Pain/Infection

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
About 5 years ago I had a terrible toothache in a molar.  The dentist said root canal.  I decided to see what I could do on my own.  I tried various things, but what really helped was clay.  I used a dry powdered calcium bentonite that can be used internally or externally.  I added water to make a thick putty (must be thick or it will dissolve too quickly in the mouth) and put a pea or larger size piece on the gums above the tooth and kept it there until it slowly dissolved and was swallowed.  Then I replaced it, keeping clay in my mouth almost all the time.  I sometimes kept it in place with a piece of plantain leaf.  The pain went away and I didn't have any dental work done.  A small hole formed in my gums where the infection had drained. I made positive dietary changes. 

But, I did not keep up over the years with the good nutritional changes.  A couple of days ago the tooth started to hurt again.  I began the clay treatment right away and it is helping.  This time the swelling has also been above the tooth on the inside, toward the roof of my mouth, so I have packed clay in that area also.  And I have also had relief from rinsing/swishing repeatedly with a strong salt water solution. The pain hasn't gone completely, it ebbs and flows, but isn't usually very intense.  I'm confident that the treatment will work, because clay worked for me in the past.  And I am very motivated now to get a hold of some raw milk, and take lots of cod liver oil, and make other changes.

I think that the clay works by pulling out infection and reducing inflammation, and therefore pain.  And, I think that it is also nourishing because of the calcium and other minerals it contains. I would be very pleased if Ramiel did some research on this and included it on the website and future additions of the book, for treating the pain of infection and, if there is evidence of benefit, then also calcium bentonite clay as a nutritional supplement.
Photo of Janelle Sunshine

Janelle Sunshine

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Diane Tzannos Miletti

Diane Tzannos Miletti

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello, Janelle...
This is my second time around healing with clay to avoid a root canal.  I also am using clay.. I change every 4 hours to a new clay pack. I would love to keep in touch with you relative this healing procedure.    Diane 

Janelle Sunshine

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Sure, let's keep in touch.  Recently was the second time I treated this particular tooth with clay.  It took, I think, 10 days for the infection, swelling and pain to completely disappear.  The last few days it was almost completely gone but I continued to use clay just at night while sleeping. When I chew, that tooth doesn't feel as strong as the others, but there is no pain.

Diane Tzannos Miletti

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That is great healing...Thanks for getting back to me.. I do not know if I mentioned this but I use the calcium  bentonite clay.  My problem is on upper area, and a bit more difficult to keep clay on, but with effort it works.. Good luck to you and please keep in touch. 
Photo of Romney Meyran

Romney Meyran

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
do you put the clay INSIDE the mouth?  (Using cheesecloth?)

Janelle Sunshine

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, clay inside the mouth.  Clay can also be used as a nutritional supplement.  There are clays that are designated as food-grade.  Calcium bentonite clay in particular is said to be high minerals beneficial to the diet, and this is the kind of clay I use.  I think it is healthy to consume it and I have become accustomed to the taste. 

Personally, I would not hesitate to use a different clay other than calcium bentonite, and other than food-grade, though others might disagree.  I think that the most common clay sold at health food stores for face masks and bee stings is simply called bentonite clay and is a sodium bentonite, which has a different mineral make up but still has the effect of drawing out toxins.  Clay is amazing!  Do some research on it.  

I do not use cheesecloth, but you could.  I make a thick putty with dry clay powder and water and smash it onto the gums nearest the problem tooth.

Diane Tzannos Miletti

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, I do use sterile cheesecloth. Remember to hydrate the clay before using. Do not use dry.  It is a bit more difficult keeping in place on top of gum vs. bottom , but it can be done.